SLI

Kate B 17:12 11 Mar 07

I'm having trouble getting SLI to work. Having uninstalled the existing drivers, the moment I reboot Vista goes looking for its own drivers and just installs them, which means - I think - that I'm not actually succeeding in installing the v100.65 Nvidia drivers.

Even if I have managed to install them - the device manager shows both graphics cards and tells me I've got a gig of graphics memory available - there no SLI options in the Nvidia control panel. Properties, via right-click on the desktop, tells me I'm running driver version 7.15.11.65 - something is not right!

Thoughts? Solutions? Thanks ...

hi, i use the beta driver on vista, the only way i got it working, with vista installing something i didnt want, was to download to desktop, uninstall via device manager then run the new driver, had to do the same with cpu and sound drivers, god knows where windows finds these drivers!

settings>> 3d effects>> Show SLI Visual Indicators
that should confirm sli dual gpu single/ dual display

Kate B 19:45 11 Mar 07

I seem to have got the latest beta drivers running, thanks adman 2. Much appreciated.

oh yeah. sorry, forgot you have different drivers for your posh cards! not much help then sorry

Kate B 20:59 11 Mar 07

Not posh - I haven't got a pair of 8800s *dreams* I've got a pair of 7900TGTXs so the bog-standard drivers apply.

as my dear dad used to say, 'dis better to be silent and be thought of a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt!

the latest beta driver is 101.41

crosstrainer 06:13 12 Mar 07

If you have the enable sli tick box...then you have the new Beta drivers installed.

Kate B 12:32 12 Mar 07

crosstrainer, yup, got it, thanks - for some reason the drivers refused to install the first time. All gloriously SLI'd up now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5