Skype sound problems with Vista

Dorkins 14:27 15 Apr 07

I can listen to online music and play my favourite CD's via Windows Media Player 11 no problem. But when i connect upto Skype i can't hear a thing?

In Windows XP i could access the Volume control easily by clicking on Start menu --> Programs --> Accessories --> Volume control. But how on earth do i do this in Vista? how can i select the speakers or headset as mixer device? And finally how do i adjust the volumeplayback?

Hope someone can help me with this problem. Thanks all. Dorkins

anskyber 14:33 15 Apr 07

In Skype choose Tools, options, sound devices.

Dorkins 14:55 15 Apr 07

Have done that but i also have to configure the volume control in Windows as well

anskyber 15:22 15 Apr 07

Do you mean via start, Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Sound? Is the Vista route.

Dorkins 17:26 15 Apr 07

Yippee! Success at last! Thanks anskyber

barbararl 19:25 17 Dec 08

I don't know what to do at the Sound Panel in the Vista setup; Please help!

barbararl 21:40 17 Dec 08

i finally found the directions on Skype for audio sound in vista; i think i got it to work; sorry for the email barbararl

guyrivo 08:10 29 Aug 09

In my side,I lose my sound and find a red x over sound sound icon.

I found the following solution at click here
Download the current driver version and install it after you uninstall the old version. After uninstalling the driver and reboot it to automatically reinstall it, the audio still may not work. Amazingly though, sometimes after putting the system in hibernate mode and coming back, the audio worked.

Hope it helps if it doesn't they have other suggestions.

guyrivo 16:50 17 Sep 09

I had the same problem as yours.
Find the latest version of your driver, download it, uninstall your current driver and install the new one. After uninstalling the driver and reboot it to automatically reinstall it, the audio still may not work. Amazingly though, sometimes after putting the system in hibernate mode and coming back, the audio worked.

I found this solution at noaudiooutput.com
they have many suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…