sky wireless set up

gazzaboy 23:08 16 Jan 08

I have bought a tosh lap top from pc world and i am trying to set it up wireless via Skys wireless router .I am getting to the point were it is askin for a pass phrase or something.The wireless is switched on and i am following the tosh wireless set up but it keeps tellin me that there is no connection available.Why is it so hard to set up when instructions say it is simple!

MCE2K5 01:39 17 Jan 08

Read this, click here

gazzaboy 13:29 17 Jan 08

Thats for a netgear router and i dont think thats what ive got .Still seems complicated.That is for a mac and i ve got vista any way .Dont know to much about pc s so sorry for being a bit ignorant!

tullie 16:10 17 Jan 08

To be honest,i found that the Sky setup was the easiest ive ever used,why dont you just put in Skys Disc to help you?

josie mayhem 22:23 18 Jan 08

I would double check as my sky router is in fact a netgar router, got last August...

JoE. 23:13 18 Jan 08

Our sky router is a netgear.

On the desktop PC it's connected up to, go to click here and login with username 'admin' and password 'sky'. Then find the security key and change it to something you'll remember. Then on your laptop, try setting up a connection again, put in the security key you just set on the desktop, and it should work!

Migwell 01:14 20 Jan 08

Had a bit of bother in setting up my daughters Sky Internet connection. I looked for all sorts of difficult problems but once we realized it was the LAN socket had not been set up in the BIOS we proceeded with no further problems at all. It was then just a case of sticking in the cable into the LAN socket and switching on the router that was it. All the settings are set up in the Netgear router for you, and there is nothing further to do.

dms05 12:34 20 Jan 08

The Sky Routers were Netgear (white) initially but they are now supplying Sagem (blck) routers. However they all work straight from the box and need no setting up.

You may need to set up your computer so that the LAN connection is Enabled. After that it should simply all happen.

I found I had to Disable then re-Enable the LAN connection on my son's DELL desktop computer. This caused the computer to automatically recognise and connect to the Sky Router.

The WiFi Encryption code is pre-set and is on a label on the underside of the Router. Simply using the Windows WiFi Manager and entering the Encryption code gave us wireless connection on two additional laptops

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…