Single click files and start screen folder

steve263000 02:31 AM 26 Apr 13

I am just trying to get to grips with Windows 8 and would appreciate a little help. I like my folders and files to open with one click and have done for many years. I cannot seem to find the way with this new system. Can someone put me right please?

Also I have purchased an office package, (Office 2007-it is enough for me) and there are about six icons on the start screen with it. Is is possible to create on folder that I can put all the parts in? Some bits such as Access I will rarely use and would like to put them out of the way.

rdave13 07:56 AM 26 Apr 13

Open control panel, select Large Icons under View by (top right). Select Folder Options, under the General tab dot the button for Single- click to open.... then apply then OK.

As for the tiles in the start screen, right click a tile not required, select 'unpin from start' at the bottom. To get a tile back to the start screen, right click a blank space then select 'all apps' at the bottom. In the 'all apps' screen right click a tile and select 'pin to start'.

steve263000 09:27 AM 26 Apr 13

Thanks for that. I have sorted it now. That answer was just what I needed

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites