Sidebar has gone!!

Les T 16:41 29 May 08

2 days ago my sidebar disappeared and try as i might i can't get it back. I have looked on here at previous threads with the same problem, but nothing seems to work.
Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

aine 17:41 29 May 08

Have you looked under accessories in the program list? that is where it should be.

tullie 17:58 29 May 08

Its in Control Panel also

Les T 18:26 29 May 08

aine & tullie, i have looked both in the Control Panel and under accessories and it is listed in both places, the problem is; when i click on it nothing happens (and i mean nothing). It's a bit frustrating.

sinbads 22:22 29 May 08

Click Start.
Go to Control Panel.
Click on Windows Sidebar Properties.
Tick the check box of Start Sidebar when Windows starts. reboot

sinbads 22:49 29 May 08

if that doesn't work.
Click on the start icon (bottom left corner)and type cmd in the search box,right click on cmd and run as administrator .Type in the following commands and hit enterafter each.
regsvr32 scrrun.dll
regsvr32 jscript.dll
regsvr32 msxml3.dll

tullie 05:05 30 May 08

You are double clicking are you not?

Les T 15:40 30 May 08

sinbads, thanks for the replies 1st suggestion didn't work and when i typed both regsvr32 scrrun.dll and
regsvr32 jscript.dll they both returned the following error code 0x80004005. When i typed in regsvr32 msxml3.dll i get 0x80070005 as an error code.

I'm baffled.

sinbads 16:59 30 May 08

Do you have any icons where the side bar should be if so drag them from that area.

Open Windows Sidebar by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, and then clicking Windows Sidebar.

Les T 17:04 30 May 08

sinbads,I don't have any icons where the sidebar should be, and i've tried the Start, All Programs etc. but no joy with that either.

sinbads 17:14 30 May 08

umm ok since it has disapeared in the last 2 days i would try a system restore to a date before that.

Click the start button and type restore double click the search results and select choose another restore point then next pick a date prior to your problem and continue, allow to complete and reboot . hopefully the sidebar will return

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced