Sick of connection window appearing

Nuneatonian 10:35 17 Nov 07

Hi there
Have just had a Vista system. Everytime it loads up, go into word, etc I keep getting the connection window come up. I cancel it and within a minute it comes back again.
Its a nuisance. Also I have "word 9 " Microsoft works already installed on the system, came with the computer with side adverts. I have installed Windows office 2007 Home and Student. If I uninstalled the Word 9, can I get one in the shops without the adverts?
thanks in advance
Nuneatonian

anskyber 11:23 17 Nov 07

Do you mean registration? click here

Nuneatonian 12:15 18 Nov 07

Hi there
I removed the ready installed (office 2007 etc) because I had already bought the suite myself. The one already installed was a trial version, so I uninstalled this so I could put my own software in. So I only registered the one I had actually bought and installed. Wish they hadn't installed the trial one. Its a pain. Did register my computer (packard bell) so wouldn't think that would keep having the dial up coming up. Is it possibly the microsoft works thing (with the adverts on perhaps) When I do go on the microsoft site regarding word 9 it tells me if I don't want adverts, buy the version from a retailer.

Wished they wouldn't preinstall software, it is a pain. My old computer you put it all in yourself.

Nuneatonian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac