showing the isp speed in task bar

fitcher 22 Oct 09

with win seven and explorer eight i can no longer see the isp internet speed in my task bar how can i do this

bremner 22 Oct 09

Atre you referring to the speed shown if you hovered over the wireless icon?

fitcher 22 Oct 09

there is no wireless icon in windows seven as I can find .I have looked in the network connections,but there seems a lot of things not in like xp

fitcher 22 Oct 09

I am a bit dissapointed with windows seven and may go back to xp ,I would like to know what speeds I am getting for my isp,if possible

bremner 22 Oct 09

The speed you refer to is nothing to do with your ISP.

It is the speed your computer is getting from the router and a not very accurate figure either.

For example mine used to say 105Mbps when my ISP's maximum speed was 20Mbps.

To get your ISP speed try here click here

ambra4 22 Oct 09

“There is no wireless icon in windows seven as I can find”

The wireless Icon in the task bar show up as 5 small bars totally difference than xp

fitcher 22 Oct 09

the speed i was on about was the connection speed shown in the task bar in xp as an icon of a computer ,yes I have noticed in views of the win 7 ,could they have been in another version..I will close now and leave the win seven for a week or two , as I have a driver problem with my scanner as well ,that I am told is being worked on by canon , I have kept xp on another disk .
a wise thing
thankls for the replies

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message