showing the isp speed in task bar

fitcher 15:44 PM 22 Oct 09

with win seven and explorer eight i can no longer see the isp internet speed in my task bar how can i do this

bremner 15:59 PM 22 Oct 09

Atre you referring to the speed shown if you hovered over the wireless icon?

fitcher 16:24 PM 22 Oct 09

there is no wireless icon in windows seven as I can find .I have looked in the network connections,but there seems a lot of things not in like xp

fitcher 16:29 PM 22 Oct 09

I am a bit dissapointed with windows seven and may go back to xp ,I would like to know what speeds I am getting for my isp,if possible

bremner 16:42 PM 22 Oct 09

The speed you refer to is nothing to do with your ISP.

It is the speed your computer is getting from the router and a not very accurate figure either.

For example mine used to say 105Mbps when my ISP's maximum speed was 20Mbps.

To get your ISP speed try here click here

ambra4 16:48 PM 22 Oct 09

“There is no wireless icon in windows seven as I can find”

The wireless Icon in the task bar show up as 5 small bars totally difference than xp

fitcher 19:04 PM 22 Oct 09

the speed i was on about was the connection speed shown in the task bar in xp as an icon of a computer ,yes I have noticed in views of the win 7 ,could they have been in another version..I will close now and leave the win seven for a week or two , as I have a driver problem with my scanner as well ,that I am told is being worked on by canon , I have kept xp on another disk .
a wise thing
thankls for the replies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…