Should I upgrade from vista to windows 7

suedeblue 02 Aug 11

I am currently running windows vista 32 bit and am considering upgrading to windows 7. I cannot get windows upgrade advisor to connect to the server (tried for 3 weeks) so was hoping to get some advice here. Any help would be great.

Strawballs 02 Aug 11

Personally I would I have used both and by far prefer win7 and you will find it will run faster than with Vista as win 7 needs less resources

suedeblue 02 Aug 11

Thanks Strawballs. Are there any issues i should be aware of such as compatibilty with canon printers, veho speakers etc. Also, should i upgrade from the net or hard copy win 7.

ventanas 02 Aug 11

Have now done it three times on different machines. Despite downloading all the drivers I could find, I didn't need any of them. Everything worked as before on all three with one exception. I just needed to update the Epson and Canon printer drivers where applicable.

suedeblue 19 Aug 11

Thanks for all the help.

Strawballs 22 Aug 11

While I was using the Beta version of 7 before it had even been released I found all the vista drivers worked with 7 so it should not prove to be a problem at all.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message