Should I upgrade from vista to windows 7

suedeblue 10:46 AM 02 Aug 11

I am currently running windows vista 32 bit and am considering upgrading to windows 7. I cannot get windows upgrade advisor to connect to the server (tried for 3 weeks) so was hoping to get some advice here. Any help would be great.

Strawballs 13:55 PM 02 Aug 11

Personally I would I have used both and by far prefer win7 and you will find it will run faster than with Vista as win 7 needs less resources

suedeblue 15:59 PM 02 Aug 11

Thanks Strawballs. Are there any issues i should be aware of such as compatibilty with canon printers, veho speakers etc. Also, should i upgrade from the net or hard copy win 7.

ventanas 22:50 PM 02 Aug 11

Have now done it three times on different machines. Despite downloading all the drivers I could find, I didn't need any of them. Everything worked as before on all three with one exception. I just needed to update the Epson and Canon printer drivers where applicable.

suedeblue 11:54 AM 19 Aug 11

Thanks for all the help.

Strawballs 19:42 PM 22 Aug 11

While I was using the Beta version of 7 before it had even been released I found all the vista drivers worked with 7 so it should not prove to be a problem at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016