Should i install Windows 8 64 bit?

Titaniumshield 08:48 16 Feb 14

My system configuration is:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit OS Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 2.80 Ghz 4GB RAM Intel DG31PR Motherboard Nvidia GeForce GT520 1 GB Graphic Card

Can someone tell me whether i should install Windows 8 or not?

If yes then how well will it work with the following applications: AutoCAD 2012 Ps CS6 Max Architecture 2013 SketchUp 2013 Revit 2010 Coral Draw and may other related applications.

Thank You.

Forum Editor 13:48 17 Feb 14

It's easy enough to find out about Windows 8 software compatibility - just click here and enter the name of the application you are concerned about.

cassini1 14:16 17 Mar 14

In November last year I switched from Windows 7 32 bit to Windows 8.1 64 bits. 8.1 had just come out and was perceived to be a big improvement over the basic 8. I had considerable problems with some drivers for older hardware (printer and scanner) I finished up having to buy a new printer because despite the appropriate driver being available it simply did not work. It was impossible to determine whether my problems lay in 8.1 or with the 64 bit version...... We are now well into 2014 so most manufacturers have got their act together and come out with workable drivers for most bits of appropriate kit. If you have hardware over four years old you will likely as not have serious issues with compatibility. All my equipment is now stable and working ok. I downloaded the free version of Classic Shell which enables me to view the screen and access 8.1 as if it was Windows 7. I also had to purchase a 64 bit version of Corel PSP X6 Ultimate as the previous version (32bit)was impossible to load. Be warned!

imendpc 16:44 17 Mar 14

Hold your horses, don't throw out your old equipment because of Windows 8. I just installed one HP Laser printer from 1993 (21 years old) and one Brother Laser in the 1997 (16 years) to work with Windows 8.1! It was very easy to install as well. Once Windows 8 (or 7 or Vista) cannot find drivers in its preload drivers set , it will prompt you to click on "The printer that I want is not listed" and download them from a Microsoft server from the internet. If is untrue that hardware over 4 years old has serious issues with compatibility, this statement is true for some and false for others. Even when a driver you want is not there it is possible to use other similar drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5