Shortcut arrow overlay

Kate B 12:53 15 Mar 07

Is there any way of removing this without resorting to third-party software?

crosstrainer 13:06 15 Mar 07

I know an XP registry hack, but wait a mo while I try it here...TweakVI will do the job, but i had problems with it messing up other things.

crosstrainer 13:08 15 Mar 07

XP hack no good, but I found this:lifehacker.com/software/vista/windows-vista-tip--remove-the-shortcut-arrow-236025.php I'm sure that you are comfortable with regedit, but make a backup first!

crosstrainer 13:09 15 Mar 07

Sorry, don't knowwhat happened to the link... click here

Kate B 13:21 15 Mar 07

thanks, crosstrainer, I'll give that a whirl. I want to take TweakVI off my machine, I've had a few flaky moments and I can't rule it out as a source.

crosstrainer 13:30 15 Mar 07

It Is the source....caused me to do a full hot system re-install to get all the aero stuff working again...ditch it!

Kate B 13:41 15 Mar 07

TweakVI now purged from my system and the link's solution seems to have done the trick, so thank you.

I've had no problems with TweakVI, but I do prefer to have as little installed on my system as possible.

Kate B 13:41 15 Mar 07

I should say no problems obviously linked to TweakVi ...

crosstrainer 13:42 15 Mar 07

yes, these gimmicky things tend to be rushed out... a version of Tweaui for Vista is slated for release soon...that I will trust.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…