Sharing Printer via Wireless

Dirty Dick 22:39 04 Apr 07

I have a Laptop running Vista and I want tos share a printer on my network. My Desktop PC , running XP, has a Epson 1290 printer connected via cable. The network is connected via a Netgear DG834 wireles router. When I try to add the Epson Printer, it says that I will have to install printer drivers, I click on to install the drivers, but it says that it cannot find the 'printer monitor'. I have installed another printer and that is ok. I have looked at the Epsom website, to install the drivers for Vista, but it says that the Operating System already has the drivers installed. Can anybody help?

Thanx

DD

HappyTrucker 06:59 05 Apr 07

Daft question first. I take it you have shared the printer and enabled printer sharing in the XP installation? I see you've installed another printer and that one worked, so I suppose it's safe to assume you've done that.

It may be worth lugging the laptop to the printer and just plugging it in. Vista should install the drivers from its internal ones. Then try reconnecting the printer to the desktop PC. The Vista laptop will have lost the location of the printer by now, but the drivers will be installed. If you go to add a new printer it SHOULD I think be able to find all the parts of the drivers necessary for install. If this works you can then delete the original printer in the Vista Printers folder.

Just an idea anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple