Setting up new Sony vaio

mrsbrownlie 06:56 31 Aug 13
Answered

Hi I just got my new Sony vaio yesterday and am off to PC world this morning to buy some discs to make a recovery before I start using it on the Internet, but it says my machine come with free 30 day mcavee security but I think I'll pass on that as always used free avg on my other laptops and been ok,but does anyone recommend a anti virus software to install , and should I do it after I burn the CDs off for restore? Sorry not very experienced tech girl lol

mrsbrownlie 11:04 31 Aug 13

Thanks yes sorry DVD i meant not cd lol I chose the USB route for recovery in the end just creating it now fingers crossed all goes ok but mcavee keeps popping up saying little messages but I haven't activated it? Maybe just prompting me so I do activate? I will try and uninstall it when I'm done then install avast I've seen that a few times now but never tried it myself..thanks Kellie :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…