Server's security certificate error message

0106rainbow 22:34 18 Mar 15

Windows Live Mail had stopped automatically synchronizing so I checked in settings and noticed the following message in red: "There is a problem with a server's security certificate. The address in the certificate doesn't match the server's address. This can happen if you're connecting to a malicious server or a company uses the same certificate for multiple servers." The only option given was to ignore certificates, (but said it wasn't recommended.) No clues about what the certificate might be or how to put it right.

I think the non-sync thing had been happening for a week or two but no idea how long the certificate message has been there. Extensive Google searches haven't left me any the wiser either way.

The non-sync seems to have sorted itself for the moment and manually fetching emails was only mildly irritating, but is the certificate message something I should be worried about? Any help and advice much appreciated.

Running Windows 8.1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…