sendto

Cliff1 16:52 03 Jul 07

Hi Folks
Have Vista Home Premium, trying to use Sendto but it keeps coming up access denied.
Help please
Cliff

anskyber 16:56 03 Jul 07

In certain circumstances, like sending to another drive, Vista will not allow it to happen. I've forgotten why.

The way around it is to use copy to and delete (if you wish) the original file.

Cliff1 17:08 03 Jul 07

Thanks anskyber
What I am trying to do is to open the sendto file to add some destinations, but I am unable to get to sendto.

mgmcc 20:28 03 Jul 07

You need to set Windows Explorer to show "Hidden Files & Folders" and also "Protected Operating System Files". Then the SendTo folder will be displayed under your Username.

Right click it and select Properties, then the Security tab. Having changed the settings, I'm not exactly sure what the sequence was but remove the tick whereby it "inherits" settings from its parent folder, delete the "Everyone" entry which has access "Denied", enter your own Username and give it "Full Control". You can then open the SendTo folder.

Cliff1 23:23 03 Jul 07

Thanks mgmcc, Iwill try that

powerless 23:45 05 Jul 07

OR click here

Or you can type:

shell:sendto [In the search field on the start menu]

rawprawn 17:06 06 Jul 07

I have found this little tweak the best
click here

anskyber 22:24 07 Jul 07

Another option. click here

Cliff1 19:20 08 Jul 07

Thanks all
Will try all your suggestions, many thanks for your help.
Cliff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…