sending photos by email in Firefox

surfer47 09:58 AM 04 Jun 12

I am using Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox. I wanted to send some photos by email. When I selected “Send” I get The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Now all I/C mails go to Windows Mail and not to Firefox. I have tried to “Forward” mails to Firefox but sometimes it works. I now have 13 messages waiting to be sent in Windows Mail and if I tryt to send them I get the above message. How can I get I/C messages to go to Firefox. Can I send photos using Firefox or what options do I have? Regards

onthelimit1 09:21 AM 05 Jun 12

For sending photos, I use Picasa (free from Google). It automatically shrinks pics to a size suitable for emailing and you can email directly from Picasa (but using your own client). Worth a try, perhaps.

difarn 15:30 PM 11 Jun 12

When you say you are having trouble sending e-mails in Firefox, do you mean Thunderbird? If so, and you are collecting mail from your Windows Live e-mail account via Thunderbird then you may not have set up the outgoing server correctly. You need to have a look at the settings for you Windows Live Mail Account in Thunderbird to see what you have enabled in Outoing server SMTP - for example I use Thunderbird and my hotmail account SMTP setting is - Microsoft Live Hotmail-smtp.live.com.

surfer47 16:15 PM 11 Jun 12

I don't think I made it very clear what the problem was I am not using Thunderbird but Firefox and I was using>File>Send To> Mail Recipient but this only brought up the Windows Mail dialog. This activated Windows Mail which Stole all my emails so I could not see them with Firefox I have since found an Option in Windows Mail to prevent it picking up mail automatically. So it wont steal my mail. Further to that I have found that using File>Send will reduce the size of the photo and convert it to JPG. So thanks for all your help. BIeeee

difarn 17:40 PM 11 Jun 12

Sorry but I still am unsure of your meaning. Firefox is a browser not an e-mail client and that is why when you click on "send" your e-mail provider, Windows Mail (this is obviously your default mail client) is activated.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things