Seem to be missing some downloads?.

spuds 13:06 03 Jun 14
Answered

Please bear with me on this one, because I have only just started to use Windows 7, so it becoming a bit of a learning circle for me.

I am trying to install a Brother DCP-135C printer on the computer, and having lost or misplaced the original installation documents and cd, I attempted to download the relevant items from the internet.

No having much success, I contacted Brother direct, and was informed that they do not provide the installation cd, but they provided links, which I downloaded. It would appear that the downloads where successful, due to messages on completion with the downloads. It may have also indicated that the downloads were decompressed?.

Opening the download file, and cannot seem to find the downloads that were previously installed for the printer?.

W7 64bit

Any ideas or suggestions most welcome.

rdave13 13:26 03 Jun 14

For Win7 64-bit is this the printer? When you said it had decompressed it sound to me that you didn't 'save' the downloads but 'ran' them. So the program/driver has theoretically installed. Just guessing.

spuds 16:33 03 Jun 14

rdave13

The link is the same Brother provided, and I downloaded all sections from the links.

When I downloaded, I was informed that the downloads were successful. It was after that, a oblong box appeared with three tabs around 'some blue wording', similar perhaps to programme information. The three tabs consisted of 'browse' decompressed' and 'cancel'. I pressed 'decompressed', because I wasn't sure what 'cancel' would do.

Perhaps I should have used the 'browse' tab, and hadn't understood that, at the time?.

I'll use your links, and download again, and see what happens?.

spuds 16:49 03 Jun 14

I have just made another attempt, and was provided with a 'run' tab. Clicking on that, the oblong box mentioned above appeared. 'Browse' showed little. 'Cancel' aborted procedure?.

I was then given information regarding uninstalling any previous drivers, and making 'temporary' files?.

Obviously I appear to be doing something wrong here?.

Secret-Squirrel 08:49 04 Jun 14

Don't click on lavrentyireny's link as it's a Word document that appears to contain a malicious macro.

spuds 12:10 04 Jun 14

True to form, I have found a number of manuals and installation cd's for all my other printer's, but so far not the ones's for the Brother, which would make life much easier for the Brother printer installation.

I have to much going on at present, so I think I will leave this for the time being.

Thanks everyone for the input, most appreciated.

spuds 12:15 04 Jun 14
Answer

lavrentyireny

I notice that have just joined this forum, and so far made three posts with the same link. Pity that you have nothing better to do, than try and ruin others requests for help.

rdave13 14:17 04 Jun 14

Hello spuds. Sorry so long for a reply but 12hr night shifts take their toll :)

Ok, here's what I did. Using IE I selected to save the file Full Driver & Software Package from the linked page. It downloaded a zipped file to my download folder. This file is 465-INST-WIN7-A.EXE. Double clicking on that and it decompresses (un-zips) to the download folder and you get a new folder called *mfl pro. Double click on that and you get to the drivers folders list. Do not select the data folder but one of the DCP-135C folders. At this point get the printer ready to connect via usb. I selected the first DCP-135C folder in the list and in that folder you get the language pack folders and the setup.exe file. Double click on the setup.exe file and then select your language and away you go to install the MFL-PRO SUIT. I had to stop at the point where it asks you to connect the Brother because I don't have the printer .

spuds 17:30 04 Jun 14

rdave13

You are a star. Followed your instructions, and now have the Brother printer connected to the W7 computer, and all works fine.

Simple when you know how :O)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…