Security with W7 64bit

wids001 07:02 14 May 10

Before purchasing a new system with W7-64bit, I used XP with the following security programs;

Norton Internet Security 10
Malawarebytes
Superantyspyware
A-Squared
C-Cleaner

The new system came with Norton 360, which works well, but my questions are;

1: Do I need any of the other programs with Windows 7, and,

2: If yes, are any compatible with W7-64bit?

Roger Evens 08:07 14 May 10

Hi I use Malwarebytes, Ccleaner, Asquared, Advanced System Care, all free editions and Kaspersky Internet Security (free from Barclays). I've had no bad experiences yet! I'm using Win 7 home premium 64 bit.

john bunyan 12:41 14 May 10

Free suggestions:
Firewall :PCTools
Anti Virus: Avira (I use this) , or MS Security Essentials.
Anti Malware: Malawarebytes. SAS very good and soon to launch the free 64 bit - there is a beta version. A few eventviewer probs, so I am waiting for the final version. Also Spywareblaster works fine.
CCleaner
All ok with W7 64 bit, but you only want to run one anti virus, so if you keep Norton, just have the rest above except the anti virus ones .
Some will say the W7 firewall is ok.

Technocrate 10:28 19 May 10

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 9.0 provides essential anti-virus and antispyware protection. The software also includes the Free AVG LinkScanner, discussed in Bright Hub's article Free AVG LinkScanner Review, to protect you from fraudulent sites.
Among other advantages AVG Anti-Virus 9.0 (not Free) extends the AVG Free edition’s basic anti-spyware and antivirus protection with anti-rootkit functionality as well as Webshield to safeguards your downloads. The AVG Anti-Virus license is $34.99 for a one year subscription which includes free support.
For twenty dollars more you can obtain AVG Internet Security 9.0 which extends AVG Anti-Virus 9.0 and includes identity protection, anti-Spam features as well as an enhanced firewall for example.

kristain 08:08 27 May 10

I'm running Avast Internet Security and I like it. The free Avast antivirus is good as well. It comes with email scanning in it and no nagware dialogs either.

rdave13 14:07 27 May 10

SAS now available for 64 bit. If you have an older version then you will need to uninstall and reinstall to newer version; click here={C1985F91-5FB7-4035-BE90-BB4ECEF592BB}

To uninstall see this, click here
works on Win 7.

john bunyan 15:01 27 May 10

Thamks for that - been waiting for it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…