Security center and Symatec Endpoint Protection

icemanone 07:06 AM 12 Apr 13

Good morning to all, I have a question for a conflict between Symantec Endpoint Protection, and Microsoft Security Center in Windows Vista 32 bit(Op. Sys) There, when I dectivated Windows Firewall, since I was running already SEP 's Firewall, I had a red Flag from Microsoft Security Center (still have). I tried some tricks from Microsoft forums, such as net stop mgmt, and rename repository to rep old, and then again net start,e.t.c. but it doesnot work. Since then i checked that i have my own Firewall and Antivirus program, in order not to have a Red Flag, but still I have the same message. I know that my PC is not unprotected but I want to get rid of this message... Is it possible? Thanks in advance for your time....

chub_tor 19:16 PM 12 Apr 13

Have you tried the four suggestions in your post on the Microsoft forum?

csavade67 10:52 AM 15 Apr 13

Hi,

I am Chetan Savade from Symantec Technical Support team.

There is a public article about Advanced Settings for Windows 7 Firewall indicate that it is on, even when Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Network Threat Protection (NTP) is installed

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH123729

Check whether it is related to your case or not.

Regards, Chetan Savade

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things