Security center and Symatec Endpoint Protection

icemanone 07:06 AM 12 Apr 13

Good morning to all, I have a question for a conflict between Symantec Endpoint Protection, and Microsoft Security Center in Windows Vista 32 bit(Op. Sys) There, when I dectivated Windows Firewall, since I was running already SEP 's Firewall, I had a red Flag from Microsoft Security Center (still have). I tried some tricks from Microsoft forums, such as net stop mgmt, and rename repository to rep old, and then again net start,e.t.c. but it doesnot work. Since then i checked that i have my own Firewall and Antivirus program, in order not to have a Red Flag, but still I have the same message. I know that my PC is not unprotected but I want to get rid of this message... Is it possible? Thanks in advance for your time....

chub_tor 19:16 PM 12 Apr 13

Have you tried the four suggestions in your post on the Microsoft forum?

csavade67 10:52 AM 15 Apr 13

I am Chetan Savade from Symantec Technical Support team.

There is a public article about Advanced Settings for Windows 7 Firewall indicate that it is on, even when Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) Network Threat Protection (NTP) is installed

Check whether it is related to your case or not.

Regards, Chetan Savade

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued