Secunia (PSI)2 problem

tristar16 14:54 PM 31 Aug 13

I've been using Secunia (PSI)2 for a couple of years now with my computer running Windows home premium. Just lately, whenever I try to update my programs using Secunia I get a couple of error messages. 1) "Unable to locate an appropriate web browser for the requested URL" followed by: 2) "An error occurred when attempting to open specified URL" I can't use Secunia's forums as I get these messages when I try. Can anyone suggest a solution, please?

nickf 16:55 PM 05 Sep 13

Try uninstalling PSI , and reloading . I occasionally get similar problems , this usually solves the issue

tristar16 18:52 PM 05 Sep 13

Thanks Nick, I had already tried that with no success. By chance I remembered that I had un installed Firefox some time back. I re installed Firefox and made it my default browser, and everything worked as it should! It seems that Secunia needs Firefox (or does in my case) to work!

Thanks again for taking the trouble to reply.

Nontek 19:03 PM 06 Sep 13

hnmt Spam, FE informed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016