Search Function has stopped in Explorer for whole computer

ened 12:25 25 Sep 13

I have eight drives and if I go to any of them it searches just that drive. But if I have them all showing, to search all of them, and type a word into the search box nothing happens.

The last thing I did before this was to install the software for a new Epson printer. I really want to avoid uninstalling all of that if I can help it, especially if it might not be necessary.

I have tried googling this but keep being taken to : Explorer stopped rather than Explorer search function stopped.

northumbria61 11:15 28 Sep 13

I assume you are using Windows 7? See if anything here to help enter link description here

northumbria61 11:17 28 Sep 13

Also check in Services to see if Windows Search is running and set to Automatic.

ened 01:46 04 Oct 13

Thanks for your input.

In Services Windows Search is set to automatic.

I have the reverse of the problem identified in your first post. When I open the Explorer box which shows All my Hard Drives it doesn't show any results when I type a file name in the Search box. However if I open a particular drive it shows the results for that drive only. This is very frustrating when I can't remember which drive a particular file is in. I have EIGHT drives connected!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…