scrolling too quick

Bez 22:15 17 Sep 07

When I move the pointer across the page with the touch pad there frequently appears a rectangular shape with two arrows, one arrow pointing up and the other pointing down. At that moment the page scrolls rapidly in either direction depending on how I move the pointer and I loose the place of whatever I was doing which is very frustating.
Has this something to do with Vista or has it to do with my Toshiba Satellite laptop? Is there a way of stopping the rectangle appearing?
There doesn't seem to be any reference to this in the Toshiba manual.

Bez

Ashrich 23:14 17 Sep 07

This is the Synaptics driver , it allows you to use the margins of the touch pad for horizontal and vertical scrolling , look at the entry in control panel and it will show you where the margins are so you can avoid them apart from when they are needed .Control Panel/Mouse Properties/Gestures , then in the lower half , select " scrolling settings , adjust from there .

Ashley

Ashrich 23:17 17 Sep 07

Forgot to say , when in that section you can disable " coasting " which is when it scrolls on it's own , which is damn annoying !! .

Ashley

Bez 00:09 18 Sep 07

Thank you, Ashley, for your expert advice.

Life has become less frustrating.

Bez

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…