Scrolling between open windows

BigB321 22:40 25 Mar 08

Hi everyone I have just stumbled on a annoance in Vista ( what just 1 was the cry) , I had to reinstall Vista Ultimate because the original installation fell over when trying to install SP1 anyway in that original install any open windows I could press the middle mouse button on get a visual list of open windows and use the scroll whell of the mouse to "jump" from one to another ,now with this new install if I do the same thing I get small windows appearing all together of my the open windows how can I get back to the "scrolling " effect.

Thanks for your time and any replies
Cheers for now

Brian

SteveWH 01:11 26 Mar 08

It sounds as if Aero is turned off go to control panel-personalization-windows color and appearance-open classic appearance and turn on Aero.

BigB32 16:45 26 Mar 08

Thats wierd Aero was on but still no scrolling windows what else could it be please
Brian

SteveWH 20:33 26 Mar 08

Try clicking on the task bar icon: 'switch between windows' if you are in Aero and its working then this should start document flip.

If this works maybe you need to re-programme your mouse button. Failing this go to start help and enter: document flip lots of advice comes up.

BigB32 22:27 26 Mar 08

Thanks very much SteveWH that has done the trick
Thanks for your advice

Brian

BigB32 23:33 26 Mar 08

UPDATE just downloaded the lataest software for my Microsoft Wireless mouse and all is back to " normal"
Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…