Screen Flicker caused by Corrupted BIOS?

SimonGraham 15:40 06 Dec 14

Hi, When I open some applications, mainly web pages but also happens in certain in-game scenarios, I get a screen flicker.

This is not caused by the Graphics card or the drivers (NVIDIA), as I have ruled both of these out by swaps etc.

PC is running latest Win 7 64 - 16gb ddr3, SSD Drive with extra drives, MSI Z77a G45 Motherboard (L1155), NVIDA GTX 970 Gphx Card.

I have posted a video on Youtube of this happening.

When I have disabled the images on a certain webpage, and then reopened the page, the flicker has gone. I initially thought it was Java or something similar but it may be to do with the image allocation on the BIOS? Any help would be appreciated! :)

Link to video here : click here

Simon

SimonGraham 16:15 06 Dec 14

I have done so far: changed and replaced the HDMI to monitor, rechecked the refresh rates (all to 60hz) and Nvidia drivers (60hz), reinstalled Java, swapped over the GPU and tested that in another pc ( no issue).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:18 06 Dec 14

What's it like with a different browser?

SimonGraham 16:11 08 Dec 14

On the video - Exact same problem on Explorer and Chrome.

daxian 17:12 08 Dec 14

could be monitor.... test on another pc ???? try another monitor to rule out !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…