Schedule events

orsta 13:59 PM 18 Jun 09

Just a quick question,

Can you set an schedule event in Win 7 to run at system shut-down, e.g. a backup, because this is the one thing I wish I could do in Vista but can't.

clemo

GaT7 01:10 AM 11 Jul 09

I don't think it's possible because at shutdown the system is trying to do just that, i.e. shutdown. So, at shutdown, you need a tool (or script/batch file) that gives the command to: 1. Start the backup & 2. Shut down the system soon after it completes.

Anyway, try the solution at click here. First create the script file, then scroll down to option 4 where the use of the free Xecutor comes into play. Provided download link doesn't work, so get it from click here / website for more info click here. G

orsta 08:27 AM 11 Jul 09

Thanks for the tip. I will have a closer look when i return from my hols.

clemo

orsta 16:26 PM 20 Aug 09

well, i have had a good play this program. I can manage to get most other programs/files to run except an Comodo backup script.

I have discovered that Acronis TIH 2009 can be scheduled to run at system shutdown within windows 7, just like you can with XP.

c

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus One vs OnePlus 2: What's the difference between OPO and OP2? Why it's worth the wait for th2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED