Schedule events

orsta 13:59 PM 18 Jun 09

Just a quick question,

Can you set an schedule event in Win 7 to run at system shut-down, e.g. a backup, because this is the one thing I wish I could do in Vista but can't.

GaT7 01:10 AM 11 Jul 09

I don't think it's possible because at shutdown the system is trying to do just that, i.e. shutdown. So, at shutdown, you need a tool (or script/batch file) that gives the command to: 1. Start the backup & 2. Shut down the system soon after it completes.

Anyway, try the solution at click here. First create the script file, then scroll down to option 4 where the use of the free Xecutor comes into play. Provided download link doesn't work, so get it from click here / website for more info click here. G

orsta 08:27 AM 11 Jul 09

Thanks for the tip. I will have a closer look when i return from my hols.

orsta 16:26 PM 20 Aug 09

well, i have had a good play this program. I can manage to get most other programs/files to run except an Comodo backup script.

I have discovered that Acronis TIH 2009 can be scheduled to run at system shutdown within windows 7, just like you can with XP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…