Scanner driver problem

Yetloh 15:24 26 Oct 10

I have just installed Windows 7 and (after unplugging the scanner data lead) downloaded and installed the latest driver for my Canoscan 9950f scanner. After reconnecting the scanner, Control Panel recognises the presence of a scanner (but not the model) but on trying to access the scanner from there, I get a message saying I need a WIA driver. A search of the Canon website directs me to the driver I have already installed.

Can someone tell me what is wrong please.

Jim

GaT7 16:48 26 Oct 10

From click here (Canon Canada):

"RESTRICTIONS
[Windows 7]

1. Phenomenon:
When double-clicking the scanner icon on Devices and Printers, the message for installing the WIA driver is displayed. Therefore, the scanner property cannot be displayed.

Preventive action:
Right-click the scanner icon, then select the property"

Hope that helps. G

john bunyan 13:21 27 Oct 10

I think that the WIA is a windows gereric driver. I have a Canonscan 8800f, and a MP640. I have W7 64 bit. I uninstalled both, then installed the drivers from Canon then plugged in the scanners.
I use Photoshop CS4 as my usual scanning software and found that in PS 64 bit programme, only the WIA scanning software is possible. PS also installs as 32 bit, and in this mode , the TWAIN interface (which I prefer) wors life it used to. There appear to be no 64 bit TWAIN drivers.

john bunyan 13:22 27 Oct 10

PS therefore I use PS in 32 bit for scanning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017