Scanner Compatible

flobby 00:29 03 Mar 07

Hi All.
I have a scaner Visioneer 6600 One Touch (USB) and it is not compatible with my New Computer running Vista. I have checked the website for visioneer BUT no updated drivers.
What Do I Do?
Buy a new scanner that is Vista compatible (as I need the scanner for my wifes projects,)or wait unil Visioneer decide to update their Drivers,
Cheers.
Flobby

Jimmy14 00:41 03 Mar 07

When did you purchase the scanner? Do you have any idea how long it has been on the shelves?

flobby 00:50 03 Mar 07

I have had the scanner for 2 years.but surely the company (Visioneer) must have known that Vista was going to be released ,So should have provided new drivers in conjunction with Microsoft.
OR Do they expect everybody to go out and buy new scanners.
Cheers,
Flobby

northumbria61 19:36 06 Mar 07

I have the same problem running Vista Business Edition. Hewlett Packard Scanjet 4570c Scanner isn't compatible with Vista. All Hewlett Packard can come up with on their website is "We are sorry to inform you that a full feature driver for Windows Vista will not be available for your HP Product in the future"
Not good enough HP !

Jimmy14 19:50 06 Mar 07

Your scanner should be listed on this webpage of Visioneer as to whether it has a driver or not,
click here

pk46 19:51 06 Mar 07

I had a Visioneer scanner they just haven't got there finger out,so i dumped my Visioneer and Lexmark printer and bought Canon everything is now up and running.

flobby 10:37 08 Mar 07

Hi Jimmy14,
I have already checked that site thank you, But alas my scanner is not on the list.
And to make matters worse, they only have a BETA version for the very few scanners that this applies to,
Cheers,
Flobby

Totally-braindead 10:53 08 Mar 07

Its the same situation as happened with XP when it came out. I switched to XP and found there was no driver for my scanner and although it was only a couple of years old they said they were not creating XP drivers. Ended up did get it working using a Win 2000 driver and when it did eventually die and I needed a new one I made a point of not buying one from the company that refused to create a driver.
I've got an Epson now and its not that great but good enough for me.
I'm not running Vista but I believe it has some sort of compatability mode like XP does and you might be able to get it to run using an XP driver.

flobby 12:54 08 Mar 07

Hi All,
Thank you for your replies. But I am biting the bullet and I am going out now to buy a new scanner that is Vista compatible.
Cheers,
Flobby

Gizmo2005 15:21 08 Mar 07

This Epson is the one I went with and works perfectly on Vista Ultimate 64

click here

flobby 16:47 08 Mar 07

Hi Gizmo2005
I had a look at that this afternoon in curry's. but the assistant was not sure if it was compatible.
After your reply I decided to buy it, but from TECNO and got it £9 cheaper(£60.94) even after P&P.
Thank you
Cheers.
Flobby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac