Saved Logins Not Being Saved in IE10?

exbrum 08:46 AM 09 May 13

Hello, I have noticed that since my pc 'auto updated' to IE10, after a few sessions on the web I have to re login to pages I previously asked to 'remember me'. Example, forums, and 'weather forecast locations' to mention but a few. Have checked IE options but cannot find anything to rectify this, any suggestions would be appreciated.

My specs, W7 Home Prem SP1, 32 bit. IE 10.

rdave13 11:24 AM 09 May 13

Check in internet options, general tab,browsing history, delete tab, that the box for 'preserve favourite website data is ticked, then apply, ok.

exbrum 14:46 PM 09 May 13

Hello rdave13,

Checked it out and is as you explained it should be? Very strange one this. Just checked my 'outlook' email programme and didn't need to log into it as it remembered me this time but give it another day or so I will have to log myself back in instead of opening automatically.

john bunyan 14:38 PM 10 May 13

Do you use CCleaner regularly? The default setting removes some auto log ins such as this site.

exbrum 08:00 AM 11 May 13

Hello john bunyan,

No I don't, but I may have narrowed it down to my Norton Security Suite, if I do a manual quick scan, which I don't do every day, to get rid of tracking cookies etc, that is when I have noticed they ask me to log back in again! I looked at the settings there but there doesn't appear to be anything you can adjust so that it doesn't do this.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Lexus hoverboard film shows skater Ross McGouran doing tricks on it

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…