Save As On Desktop Not In Menu

dazzawm 11:31 08 May 14

I am using Windows 8.1 and Office 2007. When I want to save a document and the 'save as' box comes up there is no option to save on the desktop by default. I have to go to windows c>users> desktop etc.. to save it. A bit long winded wouldn't you agree? What can I do about this please? Thanks.

dazzawm 11:36 08 May 14

Sorry meant to say Windows 7, 8.1 is my laptop!

Secret-Squirrel 13:50 08 May 14

"... the 'save as' box comes up there is no option to save on the desktop by default."

It should be there amongst the other locations in the left-pane of the Save As box. It's normally part of the "Favorites" section. If you still can't see then it may be hiding from you so click on Favorites to expand the list.

Alternatively, click on the far left-hand arrow in the Address Bar at the top and Desktop should appear in the drop-down list.

Secret-Squirrel 13:57 08 May 14

........I forgot to say that'll only work if Word is using the standard Windows 7 dialogue box. If it's using a custom version then the above suggestions may not apply :(

dazzawm 14:03 08 May 14

The gold favourites star is there but when selected it won't expand. The only other options in the left hand pane are libraries, computer (which I have to use to search for desktop) and networks.

Secret-Squirrel 14:08 08 May 14

"The gold favourites star is there but when selected it won't expand"

Try clicking the little black triangle immediately to the left of it.

dazzawm 14:12 08 May 14

'Try clicking the little black triangle immediately to the left of it.'

There isn't one.

Secret-Squirrel 14:21 08 May 14

OK - right-click on Favorites and choose "Restore Favorite Links". Or you could navigate to the Desktop like you've been doing then right-click on Favorites and choose "Add current location to Favorites".

dazzawm 14:34 08 May 14

Neither of those worked but I did stumble across adding new library and its in there for now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…