SATA DVDW drive not recognised

IntoPCs 20:47 07 Nov 07

I have just fitted a Samsung SH-S203 SATA DVD re-writer to my dual boot (Vista/XP)system and it shows in Vista as a CD Drive. In device manager the model number is shown correctly and when using Nero 7 I can burn CDs + DVDs (fast), but they are not recognised by Vista and won't autorun. I have tried to update the driver from control panel (it just re-installs it as a CD drive) and uninstalled the drive before searching for changes - have I missed anything?

ps booted into XP and everything worked first time - what does this tell me about our 'latest and greatest' operating system?

IntoPCs 23:16 07 Nov 07

I uninstalled Nero (not sure why, as it was working) and on reboot Vista found new hardware, installed drivers, needed yet another reboot, but drive showed correctly in 'Computer'. have since re-installed Nero and all is working fine!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…