Samsung N110 upgrade

Quickbeam 10:48 AM 31 Oct 09

I'm thinking of upgrading my netbook from XP to W7.

Will there be any problems with drivers or will it be fairly straight forward?
I understand that it will need a clean install from XP, so will that mean I can't use an upgrade version?
And should I be restricted to the starter edition, or will it run OK on the Home Premium?

daconnor 13:20 PM 31 Oct 09

I can't speak for the N110 but I had no problems installing a full version copy of Windows 7 Home Premium as dual boot with the original XP on my NC10.

Samsung have recently released drivers and software for Windows 7 click here so you should be OK.

If you do take the dual boot route be aware of a problem with XP deleting restore points created by Windows 7. click here gives details on how to fix it easily.

Quickbeam 08:15 AM 02 Nov 09

I'll check that all out over the week ahead.

I take it that the little Samsungs handle the Home Premium & dual boot OK? I read somewhere that they were only suited to the basic W7.

daconnor 12:51 PM 02 Nov 09

Premiun runs fine on the NC10 but I have added another gig of RAM to the original 1GB.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued