Sage Line 50 2007 on Vista Home Premium

Lucky Jim 12:49 01 Apr 08

We have just purchased a PC at work to replace one that was running Sage Line 50 2007 on XP professional. The new PC has come with Vista Home Premium which the guy at Sage has said he would recommend we didn't use.

I know that there have been problems in the past with Vista and Sage but I wondered if anyone had any problems since SP1 came out and if I should think about downgrading to XP?

The only problem with that is that we only have XP Professional as an upgrade disk and our copy of Vista is preinstalled and the recovery install is on a partition so obviously I don't want to overwrite that either!

Any pointers? Or am I being overly cautious?

Thanks

Jim

anskyber 13:12 01 Apr 08

You could try running the upgrade advisor on your current machine. It will list things for your machine which will not be relevant but may mention your software along the way. click here

Lucky Jim 18:24 02 Apr 08

Thanks - I ran that and it didn't come up with any specific problems with Sage, so looks like I'll just go ahead and install it and see how it goes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…