runtime error

Daisy22 16:52 11 Sep 07

I've just upgraded to Vista and I'm trying to download some telephone software for PC to phone calls via the net.

I keep getting a message saying "microsoft visual C++Runtime Library - Program C/etc. etc./ this application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way, please contact the application's support team for more information"

any ideas how to get around it as the software won't install properly

tullie 17:40 11 Sep 07

whats the software?

Daisy22 17:46 11 Sep 07

It is freecall.com - i've used it all the time with my other PC but can't install on my new one

any suggestions

brundle 18:06 11 Sep 07

Try disabling antivirus/anti-spyware software while installing (disconnect from 'net first)

Daisy22 18:25 11 Sep 07

I've tried disabling AV/ASS but it still continues

brundle 20:28 11 Sep 07

Do you have any MS Office software installed? When you say `upgraded`, do you mean `got a new PC with Vista` or that you used a Vista disc to upgrade from a working XP installation?

Daisy22 21:00 11 Sep 07

I've just purchased a new PC with vista already installed. there is MS office trial 2007 installed, but which expires in November.

brundle 21:03 11 Sep 07

Have you installed all the Vista updates? 28 of them on a laptop I set up yesterday; click here

frenklinjaon 12:20 27 Sep 07

activefiler Software provides a suite ofdocument management software products. These products serve the variable data , document output management, and legacy data printing and conversion markets. activefiler software helps its customers significantly reduce operational costs, greatly improve document flow and work processes, and expand and improve document creation and distribution choices.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…