rg"s black windows 7 ... has now locked me out

goldlap 03:12 21 May 14

Just want to wipe or format my hard drive I cant get into the dios or change the way it boots up. But i know theirs a way to fdisk from start up. Doing ALT N F10 does not work on my aser laptop .... Some 1 help please TY

xania 09:37 21 May 14

Most laptops come with a method of returning the OS to factory settings. Check with your manual. This should remove any need to reformat and give you virtually a brand new laptop. However, you will lose all you documents and other files when you do this, but it looks as if you've already lost the opportunity to back up if you have not already done so,

goldlap 21:53 06 Jun 14

I know ALT F8 It will not let me . tried taking out the battery as well.

rdave13 00:34 07 Jun 14

What does rg"s mean?

Tried Acer support?

switch on the laptop, disregard the screen, insert the first disc you burnt to restore to factory settings, close the dvd drive and reboot (pressing the start/off button and holding for a few seconds will produce the safest shutdown in your situation. It should boot from the first disc. Follow instructions.

If you created a USB drive restore then connect the flash drive and boot up. Follow instructions.

If you've done neither backups and the laptop is still within warranty contact Acer as soon as.

mole1944 07:14 07 Jun 14

Goldlap go get yourself a legitimate copy of windows and i suggest we stop helping this person,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…