Restore Points in Vista

superhoops 17:46 15 Apr 07

I did a system restore back to yesterday and then tried to revert back to before I did the restore, i.e. undo the last restore. Trying that and every other restore point before resulted in a message that the restore failed for an unknown reason. Has anyone else found this?
Second question- unlike in XP I cant find anyway to increase the amount of disc space you reserve for system restore, am I missing it? Thanks

sinbads 18:14 15 Apr 07

second question click here

superhoops 18:19 15 Apr 07

Thnaks for that.At least I know now that I'm not going mad and missing the option like in XP. Just wanted to increase the space as I only ever have 2 days worth of points. Will have a go when I feel brave enough! Thanks again

sinbads 18:28 15 Apr 07

no probs vista has some funny querks , as for the system restore you probably be best to switch it of an use acronis true image much more reliable.

regards

superhoops 23:38 15 Apr 07

I downloaded a 15 day trial of Acronis 10 (supposedly Vista compat) but it wont even install. Just keeps saying the installation was interrupted and to un the install program again

HappyTrucker 13:56 16 Apr 07

superhoops,

I had exactly the same issue with Acronis. It'd hang about 3/4 through installing then crash out saying it was interrupted. Not managed to sort it yet. If others can use it, I'm thinking it may be something about the hardware configuration stopping it installing?

tufti 14:07 16 Apr 07

If you have bought Acronis and you register on their website you willbe able to download Acronis 10 version 4942 whis for me works perfectly on Vista Premium.
I use it almost daily to go between Vista and XP.
Hope that helps.

superhoops 19:04 16 Apr 07

That is the version that wont install. I did a search on the problem and it appears that it is a very common problem and Acronis have known about it for months but not done anything to correct it. click here

sinbads 21:36 16 Apr 07

I had no problem with TI trial version 10 , this is the download page i used click here as i normally do saved it to the desktop and opened it from there. It does mention closing any download managers that are runingas they can cause installation probs.

regards

superhoops 22:23 16 Apr 07

Yeah thats the link I used. It wont work, have tried dozens of times and get the same error message as literally hundreds of others judging by the forum I linked to in my last message

Jimmy14 23:48 16 Apr 07

What error message do you get?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…