restore disk 32gig vs 16gig

jmurry 12:28 09 Jun 14

I think I waited too long. I upgraded my new Asus m51AC to Win 8.1 updated drivers and added a few programs. As with most computers these days, it doesn't come with a restore disk. But now when I want to make a restore disk, it wants a 32 Gig instead of a 16 Gig USB thumbdrive. What gives? I assumed the Restore USB was just a copy of a hidden partition and no other data would be added to it. Is my only option to restore to factory setting and then make a Restore USB? Thanks for any answer. 

jmurry 23:10 13 Jun 14

I bought Lexar 32gig USB 3.0 Theses 3.0 flashdrives are fast! I hate to have it just gathering dust waiting for the off chance I may need it. I am going to research how to make a true restore disk (actual DVDs I can stick on the shelf). Then I'll feel confident erasing the restore partition on the hard drive or (more likely) erasing the flashdrive.

I am starting to look at Macrium Reflect... click here free (free is good!) and seems to be able to make true restore dvds.

Geeze years ago I remember thinking " whats this restore disk?! Wheres my copy of Windows XP!!!

Now they don't even include the restore disks.

Its

jmurry 23:10 13 Jun 14

I bought Lexar 32gig USB 3.0 Theses 3.0 flashdrives are fast! I hate to have it just gathering dust waiting for the off chance I may need it. I am going to research how to make a true restore disk (actual DVDs I can stick on the shelf). Then I'll feel confident erasing the restore partition on the hard drive or (more likely) erasing the flashdrive.

I am starting to look at Macrium Reflect... click here free (free is good!) and seems to be able to make true restore dvds.

Geeze years ago I remember thinking " whats this restore disk?! Wheres my copy of Windows XP!!!

Now they don't even include the restore disks.

Its

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now