Removing/deleting dll files in win 8 64bit

anniesboy68 16:16 PM 20 Sep 13

I have three dll files that I cannot remove because it says they are always in use by win explorer. the three files are... FrameUtility.dll LibFrame.dll ShredderContentMenu.dll and relate to a shredder program that somehow failed to uninstall properly or else I didn't do it correctly.

I know there is a way of some sort using regsvr32 but my attempt didn't work. Any help or advice would be appreciated please. ab68

anniesboy68 17:02 PM 20 Sep 13

Thanks have tried that but with no success. Have tried the regsvr32 attempt again but am getting a box up saying cannot find the file do do some de bugging etc. I'm not getting to deep and into that so will leave well alone. Its not really a problem its just that I know they are there.

jaywoo 22:35 PM 20 Sep 13

Was it Egistec Shredder? You probably tried uninstalling when it still had processes running.

Download it again (the trial is free, just hit the download button) - re-install, make sure the shredder itself is not running (Ctrl-Shift-Escape to bring up task manager, close any likely looking tasks), then try uninstall again

Link here; click here

anniesboy68 13:07 PM 21 Sep 13

Yes it was. Have downloaded and tried to install but it will not go. Previous attempts have been tried with the result that it says a later installation of shredder is installed will not go. This time I am getting the reply....."This product shredder is already installed preventing the installation of this product. The two products are incompatible" so.......

anniesboy68 16:19 PM 21 Sep 13

Will probably do a factory re set sometime.

anniesboy68 17:24 PM 21 Sep 13

Success......all gone

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites