Removing Snap.do seems impossible

joetheghost 11:41 09 Feb 14

I have followed the advice in the site that led me here giving what seemed to be the answer but it didn't work.The advice was in Chrome go to tools extensions and remove Snap.do,I can't,it isn't shown.Nothing at all is shown in extensions.This may appear twice as my first post has not appeared

Chr0matose 19:36 15 Mar 14

First thing: The anti-malware programs that claim to remove snap.do ARE FAKE (mainly). Do you have anything that seems shady or not supposed to be on your PC? If so, remove it (especially the programs developed by ReSoft Ltd, the creators of snap.do). That is only half of your problems gone.

You want to go to Settings under Tools, then go to Set Pages on Startup. Snap.do could or should be there. If so, press the 'X' next to it and set Google to launch on startup.

After that, click on 'Manage Search Engines' under 'Search'. If snap.do is on either 'Other search engines' or 'Default search engines', delete it.

If it still redirects to snap.do when you go on a New Tab, you want search for a Chrome Extension called New Tab Redirect. With this, you can set it to where you want it to redirect to. When you have installed this, set it to redirect to Google (optional, can make it redirect to other sites too). I would also recommend putting on an AdBlocker and Ghostery.

If you have any LEGITIMATE internet security (Malwarebytes and Spybot - Search and Destroy is recommended), run a scan and see if it comes up.

Hope I helped. -Chromatose

awest3 08:40 24 Apr 14

Have a look at techsupportall I used their adware cleaner and it got rid of snap do and other adware from my machine.

al

lotvic 17:39 24 Apr 14

or pc landed in the garden... ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced