Reinstalling Vista Upgrade in future

Jake_027 22:17 02 Feb 07

I have an acer laptop and an express upgrade disc ordered and I plan to do a clean install using the method posted in other threads (see click here). However, I have just read in another thread that to reinstall in future you need to install XP again, and I only have backup discs linked to the acer software, no original XP disc. If I were to create an image using acronis true image 10 (which I plan to buy) of XP onto an external HDD, could I in future roll back to this and install Vista from there? Just so you know, I don't want to do an upgrade install as a clean install is better and will not take programs and old redundant files I don't want, and I would also like to partition my HDD into 3 (which I will be asking for help with in the near future :)), so can anyone veriy this for me?

Sorry to be long winded!

Jake

Snec 22:58 02 Feb 07

Yes, you will be able to roll back using an image created with Acronis True Image.

SLAYER 07:28 03 Feb 07

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…