Reformatted windows vista.. now my pc just switches off.

matty-86 17:19 PM 28 Mar 13

Hi i reformatted my computer windows vista home premium now when i switch the computer on it ran fine at first and i installed the drivers that came with the original computer when buying it for the motherboard (foxconn)

Now it seems to just switch off not shut down it just goes off like a power cut. when i switch it on it will sometimes do it again after the initial black screen comes up sometimes it might boot up ok for a few mins.

It was ok earlier today before the reformat i am trying to now install windows updates but it keeps going off.

any ideas what it could be? and how to fix it.

thanks matt

mole1944 06:57 AM 31 Mar 13

Did you do a complete reinstall that usually is the best way forward, save all your data first, this clears out the crud on the machine and lets you go from factory fresh.

jaywoo 15:37 PM 02 Apr 13

What prompted you to reformat - problems with the original install? Sounds like a power supply issue or power settings could be set to very conservative numbers - check them, guide here;

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c00825528

Unplug any unnecessary devices in case your power supply is struggling.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Google's new logo was redesigned

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites