Recommended Free Internet Security

Gateshead 11:17 13 Dec 08

The trial McAfee subscription on my recently purchased laptop is due to expire soon and I wondered what free antivirus and firewall software people would recommend.
I have done some research on the net and am thinking of downloading Avast's free antivirus and Comodo free firewall. Does anyone currently use these two products together or has anyone had any problems with these?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

DippyGirl 12:39 13 Dec 08

Havent heard of any issues with Comodo/Avast but I dont run that combo.
I have VistaHP and run Comodo (ZoneAlarm got too needy) with AVG8. They seem to play nicely together.
I also have Spybot and ThreatFire monitoring
And scan with SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, ASquared regularly/if needed

User-1229748 13:45 13 Dec 08

for the last couple of months i've just been using the vista firewall with avira and windows defender.some will think that's not enough but i pretty much use the same sites every day and i don't use the internet for banking or shopping so it does for me and i found avira extremely light on resources :o)

peter99co 21:53 13 Dec 08

AVG8,Superantispy,Defender and Vista Firewall.

Cleanup with CCleaner

skidzy 09:34 14 Dec 08

Have a read here Gateshead click here then add Malwarebytes to your choice click here

rawprawn 16:30 17 Dec 08

If you happen to bank online with Barclays, you can get Kaspersky 2009 site free of charge

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…