Rebuilt PC suddenly has Proxy settings that re-appear

ajw270867 23:23 PM 14 Oct 13

I have re-built my PC recently and got Norton Internet Security (NIS) 2013.

Now in my Internet settings I have the network connections using a proxy for HTTP and Secure Port 49177. This is Win 7 64 bit 8 MB RAM PC using Win 7 Ultimate. I have tried taking the tick out of the box but the Proxy settings appear again after a re-start.

If this is meant to be how NIS is meant to work that allays my fear a bit. However when typing into Chrome, there is a noticeable delay before the typed words / numbers appear on screen.

Can anybody point me in the direction of what is going on and how to resolve if possible?

jaywoo 00:19 AM 15 Oct 13

Download/install CCleaner (remember to untick whatever additional stuff it comes with these days during install), go to the Tools button, click Startup, at the bottom right click "Save to text file" - paste the contents of the resulting text file here.

It would do no harm to install Malwarebytes Antimalware, update and run a scan with that too. Get it here.

lotvic 21:44 PM 23 Nov 13

SPAM from dinaafifi

FE Informed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…