Real-world spec requirements?

Kemistri 19:34 PM 14 Jan 09

Any ideas about what sort of hardware 7 will really need to run well and support a range of apps, such as graphics creation, photo editing, etc? I assume that the stated min spec is typically unrepresentative, as that is usually the case.

Most of my kit is now due for replacement, so it would make sense to migrate towards 7.

djbenny 10:26 AM 15 Jan 09

well i have it running in a vm with a gb of ram allocated and a dual core 2.18 cpu laptop and it runs very smoothly

widewalt 19:49 PM 15 Jan 09

I thought I would try this on a spare PC which turned out to be a Dell OptiPlex GX60 with a 2.8GHz P4, 1GB RAM and a very old ASUS PCI VGA adapter and it seems to work fine. Took about 30 minutes to install.

The system rating is a phenominal ONE!

That's made up in the following order:

Let's see how this little combo performs over the next few days.

DippyGirl 20:42 PM 15 Jan 09

Just installed on this - as per Belarc Advisor. :
1.80 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: ECS P4M900T-M 1.0
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 080014 03/09/2007

1Gb storage

Need to sort out GRUB who got coshed in the process, so have lost my linux systems for a bit - but not too much of an issue.

Shutdown is *really* impressive
Will see whats what over the nex few weeks/months....and so the adventure begins

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016