Re-install Internet Explorer as it has been corrupted

rsedw 15:43 01 Feb 14

I am running Windows 8.1 and have tried to download some new programs that I have bought. Whilst trying to do the download Internet Explorer has become corrupted and will not run at all. I have tried a system restore but this also failed. I do not want to have to go back to a full system restore as I have numerous programs that I would have to re-install. Can anyone tell me how I can re-install Internet Explorer as I know it comes as part of Windows 8.1

rdave13 16:04 01 Feb 14

Try this, right click the desktop, select New then Shortcut. In the box that opens copy and paste this,
"%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff , then click Next and name it something like IE no-addons then click finish.

Now double click the shortcut to see if IE opens. If it does then select tools, internet options, Advanced tab and click on the reset tab so resetting IE to default settings. Close the no-addons IE and open the normal one to see if it works. This is for desktop mode and don't know if it repairs the Metro IE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…