Re- install help

lenallen 21:00 PM 19 Oct 11

laptop with win 7, hard drive went wrong so purchased new hard drive but only have win 7 recovery disk and product key. Is there any way of re-installin my win 7

chub_tor 17:07 PM 20 Oct 11

If you have the product key, know which version of Win 7 was installed and have access to another PC connected to the internet then you can download and burn a Win 7 iso disc for a new install. Details of download Click Here The download will likely take an hour unless you have a very fast download connection.

rdave13 17:24 PM 20 Oct 11

Find out which version of Windows 7 you had on the laptop, shown on the sticker, and download the iso file for your version. Burn the iso fole to DVD and use that to boot from and install.

x86 is the 32-bit version and x64 the 64-bit version.

Official 7 downloads

rdave13 17:25 PM 20 Oct 11

chub_tor, beat me to it :)

ajmartin83 17:31 PM 25 Oct 11

Sorry to jump in on this thread, I re-installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, and now one of my HDDs is not in 'my computer' it appears in the BIOS and also 'my devices.'

When I reinstalled Windows it also appeared in the list along side my system drive. Though it was a dynamic drive.

Any ideas? As my back up data and programmes are on this drive.

Cheers Andy

lotvic 23:05 PM 27 Oct 11

ajmartin83 "Sorry to jump in on this thread"

Yes, it's known as hijacking someone else's thread with your own problem.

If people respond to you the OP lenallen will get an email notification that his thread has a response.

Please start your own thread and then you will get some help with yours.

Just click on the orange 'Ask a Question' and put a suitable title for your thread topic. Don't forget the tags or it won't post.

Makcalable 19:11 PM 29 Oct 11

Might be worth your while Downloading Windows 7 Service Pack 1 ISO from here http://fixitwizkid.com/threads/microsoft-windows-7-sp1-available-from-microsoft-official-website.6009/

lenallen 16:53 PM 05 Nov 11

Tank you all for your help all ok now... BUT... now have another prob with son's laptop. PROB is done xp home repair and all went fine but now when I connect to internet the wireless connection keeps dropping out, tried loads of fixes to no avail.... any help with this one clever people.... THANK'S

lenallen 16:53 PM 05 Nov 11

Tank you all for your help all ok now... BUT... now have another prob with son's laptop. PROB is done xp home repair and all went fine but now when I connect to internet the wireless connection keeps dropping out, tried loads of fixes to no avail.... any help with this one clever people.... THANK'S

lotvic 14:11 PM 07 Nov 11
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay