re delete pictures from picasa

metalmicky 06:39 18 May 08

Hi can any one tell me if i can get my deleted pictures back i deleted them from picasa into the recycle bin and then emptied the recycle bin but deleted some pictures i should not have does any one know if it is posiable to get them back running vista ultimate thanks

skidzy 09:09 18 May 08

First thing is to writing to the drive !

First try System Restore.

Click the windows orb (bottom left corner) and type in the search box (SYSTEM),here you will see system restore,select this and follow the prompts.You may need to agree to UAC prompts.

Restore your computer to a time when all was ok.

OR:

Try running Testdisk photo rec click here

Or;

PCInspector click here

There are others availble for free if needed.

Though your

skidzy 09:10 18 May 08

Typo;

Should read,is to STOP writing to the drive.

metalmicky 11:24 18 May 08

Hi thanks skidzy i will try the link system restore does not do it

Forum Editor 12:29 18 May 08

in Picasa you are presented with a message asking if you merely want to delete the image from the Picasa library, or from the disc - did you go for the full deletion option?

metalmicky 19:29 19 May 08

Hi yes i deleted them from the disc is ther any way of retriveing them Michael

skidzy 19:40 19 May 08

Have you tried the programs i posted above ?

Forum Editor 18:57 21 May 08

and see if you can recover your files. If you have written any new files to the same folder that these images were stored in you may be in for a disappointment - you'll almost certainly have overwritten the previous file data.

When you delete computer files they aren't actually removed from the drive - the operating system puts a marker on the deleted file that effectively says "I've been deleted, so if you need to overwrite me you can, you don't need to ask for permission".

metalmicky 20:27 22 May 08

Hi Thanks for everones help in this matter.

Skidzy Idownloaded p c inspector installed it but it would not run came up with runtime error 339 i could not seem to fix it will have to search the net to try to find a solution i am off line now for 3 days but any help i would be grateful for thanks Michael

skidzy 20:32 22 May 08

The Testdisk link is one of my favourites and in some cases prove effective.Try this also.

PCInspector is also not bad,not sure at the moment why you got that error-something i will look into.

You could also try Recuva click here or Restoration click here

skidzy 20:49 22 May 08

Regarding the 339 error;

Is this what you are getting

MSCOMM32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registerd: a file is missing or invalid ?

If so,here is a fix for that;click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5