Ran the upgrade advisor utility

colin1953 15:18 22 Oct 06

I ran the upgrade advisor utility and found out i can only use 'Windows Vista Home Basic'. Also it went on to list several pieces of software that i currently use, would not run under Vista also my printer would not work.
Is it worth bothering with.

phil46 22:03 22 Oct 06

Not at present as there are many things that won't work with the 32bit version even worse with the 64bit,that will change when vista is released in January so they say.

anskyber 22:58 22 Oct 06

Hold on, it will get better.

dth 17:31 24 Oct 06

It is a bit hit and miss with the beta versions. RC1 found most of my hardware and yet couldn't set up my pretty standard network card.

As Phil46 says - as we get nearer to the finished versioon and the release date most hardware will be supported. As always with P/Cs the main problem will be with older (no longer supported by the manuafactures) stuff like printers and scanners.

suky53 17:49 02 Nov 06

Hi I am running the advisor utility and it has been running now for 45 mins is this usual or has it gone wrong.

Thankyou

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…