RAID0 and Vista Ultimate PC BackUp

Rob_08 12:42 05 Apr 08

Hi.
I have a RAID 0 Setup (2 x 320GB) Serial ATA II Hard drive ) and want to know if Vista Ultimates Complete PC backup can see and restore from a RAID config. And whether its possible to restore from a DVD image at start up with it.
Cheers.

Rob_08 12:57 05 Apr 08

If it isnt possible, and i decide to abandon RAID and Go back to Drive C: and D: , if i also put data, games etc on drive D: will these be backed up as well as the O.S on C: ?
Bit confused which way to go !!

anskyber 13:08 05 Apr 08

The answer seems to be no for a software RAID but perhaps yes for a hardware RAID controller. Or at least this Microsoft Tech Net Moderator says so for RAID 1. click here

I know it's no comfort but Acronis will do all RAID in Vista.

Rob_08 13:59 05 Apr 08

My P5N-T Deluxe Full SLI nVidia 780i usess a hardware RAID controller i think.
Thanks for info.

Rob_08 14:31 05 Apr 08

anskyber
I also have Acronis, but if i can i like to do all these things without an install, i.e hirens boot disk.
As i said above my mobo has a hardware RAID Controller.

One more thing, if i deleted my Raid Array and made a new (same one) could acronis restore an older backup to it still ?
Hope you get back to me, much appreciated

anskyber 19:24 05 Apr 08

The honest answer is I think so but I could not be completely sure. Sorry I cannot be clearer.

Before I bought Acronis I emailed their help desk asking about RAID (since I have RAID 1) and they replied within a couple of days. If others here cannot help maybe you could try that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…