Quickly locking a laptop

eem2am 22:15 PM 21 Jan 13

Hello,

I will soon be taking my laptop to use at work, and I know that its common for people to mess with people’s laptops whilst theyre not looking……do you know any shortcut keys for “Lock” so that I can quickly lock it if I have to leave the laptop for some reason?

Also, do you know how i can set it to automatically lock after say just 1 minute of non use?

I am running windows 7 on a Toshiba satellite C650D laptop

Forum Editor 23:53 PM 21 Jan 13

Press the Windows key + L to lock the computer.

Or

Open Screen Saver Settings by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking 'Appearance and Personalisation', clicking 'Personalisation', and then clicking 'Screen Saver'.

Select the 'On resume, require logon' check box, set a time after which to start the screen saver, and then click Apply. (Choose a wait time that's not long enough for an unauthorised person to use your computer, but not so short that if you are idle for a moment, the screen saver locks your computer.)

If Fast User Switching is turned on, select the On resume, display logon screen check box.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay