Pst files outlook 2000

TrevorJames 21:37 13 Jul 14

Hi.

I have run all the emails, calendars appointments etc for my small business since 2001 using Outlook in Office 2000.

With the demise of XP I have decided to take the plunge and upgrade to Windows 7 on a new PC.

How difficult is it going to be for me to export the .pst files from my old Outlook to a new version of in Office 2010 or Office 2007 if that's a better option. Really can't afford to loose any of the data currently stored on my old XP laptop.

Hope this is one of those problems where guys much more PC savvy than me are going to say "mate, that's simple."

Well fingers crossed and thanks in advance for any replies and advice.

wee eddie 21:44 13 Jul 14

Should be a doddle.

Place the latest copy of your .pst file on the new PC and Import it

SimpleSimon1 08:24 18 Jul 14

You don't even need to import it. OL2010 will open all previous versions of pst files (well, at least back to OL2000 and maybe even OL97).

Assuming a default OL install, you'll have your primary pst file which will handle email receiving etc. Then just open your old pst file and you'll be able to copy/move etc between your primary pst and your old pst. You can even reconfigure to make your old pst the primary one for mail send/receive. Having said that, the OL2010 pst format is somewhat more efficient than the old versions, so I'd be inclined to keep the old pst for reference. Currently, my OL2010 set-up uses an OL2010 primary pst and has three separate 'secondary' psts (2xOL2003 and 1xOL2000) covering different mail archives from my past

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009