Proving the incompatible compatible

betaman 19 Oct 09

During install ("upgrade") informed that Logitech QuickCam incompatible with Windows 7 but, it works fine - as do a couple of other supposedly incompatible ones.

Problems I'm having are i)trying to install Microsoft's own Windows Live Mail and, ii)getting Firefox to work (even after re-installing it). I've temporarily given up trying after several attempts with both.

betaman 19 Oct 09

Reply to Forum Editor: pre-ordered Window 7 Home Premium - received by Mail today!

ambra4 20 Oct 09

“Getting Firefox to work”

What version of Firefox are you trying to install

Been using Firefox 2.20 on Windows 7 with out any problems since RC release

I do not use Firefox 3.0 as it disable too many of my extensions

See if Firefox 2.0.0.16 will install

click here

betaman 20 Oct 09

thanks for the suggestion ambra4 - I followed your link, but I'm still having the same problem as with the current version - it apparently installs but then fails to function.

betaman 20 Oct 09

decided to go back to the drawing board and do a clean install of 7 - no problems now with Windows Mail or Firefox!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Wimbledon 2015 live online: follow the tennis from your laptop or PC

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message